Page 14 of 14
What are the duties and responsibilities of a receptionist?
- Answer telephone and route call promptly
- Direct visitors to the appropriate personnel
- Sort and distribute mails to Division Heads and other Employees
- Maintain register for all incoming and outgoing mails
- Maintain register for monies remitted by mail.
- All mails hand delivered must be entered in the register.
- Maintain stamp register
- At all times customers should be treated with courtesy and respect.
- Calls should be dealt with in business-like manner, using proper dictation, Standard English and Pleasant voice.
- Telephone calls should be answered no later than the third ring.
- Calls should be routed to the various personnel immediately on receipt.
- Personnel should be notified immediately before directing visitors.
- All business mails should be registered in the book provided with 100% accuracy.
- All mails of an urgent nature should be brought to the attention of the General Manager immediately.
- Reconcile stamps on a daily basis with 100% accuracy.
- The Receptionist should be dress appropriately and professionally. The Receptionist should adhere to the working hours reach at least 15 minutes before work start to be able to prepare his or herself to start work promptly.
- To Provide loyal service to the company and to refrain from all activities that undermines the reputation of the company
- To carry out all lawful instructions for the proper execution of the contract;
- To account for all money and property received during the course of his/her employment;
- To exercise reasonable care in the execution of his/her work.
What are some studies done/assisted by former NAWASA workers?
- Hydrological Map of the Island of Carriacou-Explanatory Note by Mr. Denis Campbell-Central Water Commission and Philippe Barragne-Bigot of UN Project RLA year 1987
- CBWMP Water Main Repair Cast Iron Job Aid by Leighton Tamar- Central Water Commission – Grenada year 1979
- Conference on Organisation and Financing of Sewerage Sector Development Trinidad, 13-15 June 1989 Status Report on The Sewerage Sector in Grenada Prepared by Terrence Smith- Central Water Commission and Kennedy Roberts Ministry of Health