FUNCTIONS OF THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT
- For accounts management
- For debt management
- Cash collection
- Customer complaint management
- For the management of the Authority’s finances
What are the internal sources of finance for NAWASA?
Operational financing through water and sewer rate collection.
What are the external sources of finance for NAWASA?
Grants Concession, Loans
What are some of the factors that are taken into consideration when choosing alternative sources of finance?
- The ability to repay the loan
- The rate of interest
- Workers should not be frequently absence from duty without permission or a valid excuse
- The use of illegal substance is not allowed
- Drunken and disorderly behavior on NAWASA’s premises is not allowed
- Theft or inappropriate removal or possession of property is not allowed
- Workers are expected to be punctual at all times
- There should not be a violation of safety or health rules
- Most of the day’s work for field worker is spent in the field
- Workers must adhere to wearing safety gears
- Workers must be uniformed (wear NAWASA clothing)
- Workers may work after hours and weekends
- Field workers are entitled to same benefits as office workers
- For dress code, grooming and personal cleanliness standards affect the image of the Authority. Therefore, during working hours, workers are expected to present a clean and neat appearance, and in this regard, staffs are also not allowed to wear.
- T-Shirt or shirts with writing or political slogan
- Offensive apparel
How is moral and ethical approaches dealt with in terms of legal policies on Health & Safety?
Moral and ethical considerations are addressed in terms of: Legal policies on safety, health and welfare and moral approaches to handle safety, health and welfare are adequately dealt with by the various union representing workers at NAWASA.
What are some of the problem faced with recruitment?
- Unsuitable application
- Contact number not in use/no reply
- Most applicant have theoretical certificate but not practical
- Lack of experience by applicant